Monday, March 2, 2009

Music Island Artist, Akito Kuramoto


Akito has been performing on Music Island since January 2008 and was given Artist-in-Residence status after several concerts and events. His concerts are always thoughtfully programmed and he takes care to prepare helpful notes for the audience and to introduce each piece with his own thoughts. Our audience came to love the man as much as the music and miss him dearly now that he is on a hiatus due to RL commitments.

Bio :
***
I have been presenting live violin recitals in Second Life for one year.

In first life, I have been studying violin in France for 25 years. I have the chance to be able to work with a great professor, who communicated me a real passion for violin. I also could study in famous international training and master-class sessions. It was a honor for me to win a few years ago, a first Prize at the international Leopold Bellan music competition in Paris. I am now performing concerts in orchestras as an amateur, with various symphonic and chamber groups.

I didn't choose music as a professional path and I want to keep violin in my life as a passion, but I always had the dream to become a solo performer. Second Life gives me the chance to make this dream come true.

Therefore, playing for you is a challenge and makes me very happy.

Thank you for listening !

Some of the pieces I played at my past recitals in SL since june 2007 :
*******************************************************
J.S. Bach - Sonata I for solo violin in G Minor BWV 1001 (Adagio, Fuga, Siciliano, Presto)
J.S. Bach - Partita II in D Minor for solo violin BWV 1004 (Allemanda, Corrente, Sarabanda, Giga, Chaconne)
J.S. Bach - Concerto for 2 violins in D minor BWV 1043 : solo violin I part (played along with accompaniment + solo violin II part recorded by myself)
J.S. Bach - violin concerto in A minor BWV 1041
Beethoven - Romance in F major
Beethoven - Sonata in F Major n°5 "Spring" op.24
Vivaldi - violin concerto in A minor #6
Vivaldi - L’Estro Armonico, Op.3, Concerto No. 8 in A minor for two violins and strings, RV 522 (played along w/accompaniment + solo violin II part recorded by myself)
Cesar Franck - Violin Sonata in A major
Tommaso Vitali - Chaconne in G minor
Mendelssohn - violin concerto in E minor

Akito's website

No comments:

Post a Comment