Sunday, September 13, 2009

What's next?

Yesterday as we were concluding a wonderful concert by Astronimus Randt... you have to catch one of Astronimus's concerts if you haven't previously... I received not one but several IM's saying "What's next?" as in some expectation that there would be a back to back line up of live musicians performing all afternoon.

I wanted to go and smack my head against the wall. Organizing, booking, promoting and running one concert a week involves what amounts to a parttime unpaid job. Originally I organized only one or two concerts a month. Then I felt that momentum would be better if I could come up with a weekly concert. That effort has proven impossible with a fulltime job so I have changed my employment situation to parttime to explore options with the SL project... and that's still not enough? What are these people thinking???

rant

rant

rant

No comments:

Post a Comment